- behaviour be‧hav‧iour [bɪˈheɪvjə ǁ -ər] , behavior noun [uncountable]also behaviours the way that someone or something acts in different situations:
• They have changed their buying behavior and are postponing major purchases.
• The market's crash forced money managers to rethink basic assumptions about market behaviour.
• seminars that attempt to change attitudes and behaviors among white male managersconˌsumer beˈhaviour , consumer behavior [uncountable]MARKETING the study of where and how people buy things, why they choose one thing and not another etc:
• The family is still a major factor in consumer behaviour.organiˌzational beˈhaviour , organizational behavior also organisational behaviour [uncountable] HUMAN RESOURCESthe study of how the people in an organization work together, and the effect this has on the organization as a whole, its effectiveness etc:
• organisational behaviour, a combination of psychology and management theory
* * *behaviour UK US UK (US behavior) /bɪˈheɪvjər/ noun [U]► the way that someone or something behaves in a particular situation: »
A boss's behaviour must be consistent both with the law and with broad public policy goals.the behaviour of sb/sth »
In the last few years, the behavior of the stock market suggests that investors are cautious.»
Good corporate behaviour makes good commercial sense.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Behaviour — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Behaviour (Behavior en Estados Unidos, para adaptarse a la escritura americana) es el quinto álbum (cuarto de estudio) del grupo británico Pet Shop Boys. Se publicó en 1990 A pesar de ser un disco muy popular entre… … Wikipedia Español
Behaviour — Студийный альбом Pet Shop Boys … Википедия
behaviour — (establishing the ground of divorce) the ground of divorce, irretrievable breakdown, is established by this mode, in English and in Scots law, if the defender has at any time during the marriage behaved (whether or not as a result of mental… … Law dictionary
Behaviour — Album par Saga Sortie 1985 Enregistrement 1985 Durée 46 min 06 s Genre Rock, Rock progressif Pr … Wikipédia en Français
behaviour — British English spelling of BEHAVIOR (Cf. behavior); for suffix, see OR (Cf. or) … Etymology dictionary
behaviour — (US behavior) ► NOUN ▪ the way in which someone or something behaves. DERIVATIVES behavioural adjective … English terms dictionary
behaviour — [bē hāv′yər, bihāv′yər] n. Brit. sp. of BEHAVIOR … English World dictionary
behaviour */*/*/ — UK [bɪˈheɪvjə(r)] / US [bɪˈheɪvjər] noun [uncountable] Word forms behaviour : singular behaviour plural behaviours Get it right: behaviour: Behaviour is usually an uncountable noun, so it is rarely used in the plural: Wrong: Parents should be… … English dictionary
behaviour — (BrE) (AmE behavior) noun ADJECTIVE ▪ exemplary, good ▪ He had his jail term cut for good behaviour. ▪ acceptable ▪ normal ▪ … Collocations dictionary
behaviour — be|hav|iour W1S2 BrE behavior AmE [bıˈheıvjə US ər] n [U] 1.) the things that a person or animal does ▪ It is important to reward good behaviour . ▪ The headmaster will not tolerate bad behaviour . behaviour towards ▪ She complained of her boss s … Dictionary of contemporary English